Plant powered superfoods are at the forefront of the conscious clean skincare movement. Learn about how these ingredients are healing all kinds of skin conditions like eczema, acne, rosacea & pigmentations.Superfoods are the superheroes of this world. They have been fighting against chronic disease and other nutrient deficiencies since time immemorial, but they only became popular in recent years as people started to realize how important it is for us all to live healthier lifestyles with more plant-based foods like fruits or vegetables instead of focusing solely on meat eaters diets which can lead towards lifestyle diseases such as heart problems caused by high cholesterol levels that may require medical intervention down the line.
The benefits don't stop there though. You'll be able to gain energy faster because most superfoods contain iron and help to reduce inflammation - especially if you're prone to arthritis and possibly even completely prevent certain cancers through cellular regeneration from the nutrition that superfoods offer.
TOP 6 SKINCARE SUPERFOODS
While it’s true that no one food is a medical cure-all, multiple scientific studies have shown that certain foods provide greater health benefits than others. Here are some of the plant-based foods that have earned themselves the title of “superfood” — with the science to back it up.
1. SHEA BUTTER is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree. It may offer mild UV protection (up to SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
2. BAOBAB - Baobab (pronounced bay-oh-bab) is a fruit from Africa’s “Tree of Life.” The antioxidant- and polyphenol-rich fruit has been used for centuries to treat many ailments. Thanks to its high vitamin C content (7-10 times more than oranges!) baobab can boost the immune system and increase iron absorption. Studies have also show the African superfruit can regulate blood sugar and improve digestion.
3. MARULA SEED OIL is full of skin-brightening antioxidants and nourishing fatty acids that keep the skin youthful, hydrated and healthy.
4. ARGAN OIL - has become quite popular in the beauty industry as a superfood. It is placed in skin and hair treatments due to the large number of benefits it provides. However, argan oil is not a new thing. It has been known to the Berber women of Morocco for thousands of years and they have been utilizing it for its versatility. Argan oil is produced from the fruit of the argan tree, found in a small region of Morocco. This oil has been termed ‘liquid gold’ and a superfood due to its powerful active ingredients and healing properties.
5. CACAO - Not only does raw cacao contain 300 different chemical compounds, the antioxidant content is 4 times the amount of regular processed dark chocolate and 20 times more than blueberries.
6. CRANBERRY EXTRACT- is shaping out to be beauty’s rising star. Applying products infused with the crimson-hued superfood topically offers a slew of complexion-enhancing and anti-aging benefits that you may not be aware of. Just like retinol, cranberries are rich in Vitamin A, meaning that they’re chock full of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial super powers, and as a result help combat anti-aging and acne concerns.
Select from our Superfood Face Range below. BUY NOW & start seeing the difference in the health & texture of your skin.